Sunday 23 October 2011

High Fidelity and My Top Five

Scene: Monday morning; me; flat white coffee; and a platinum subscription to Foxtel.

Flicking through the myriad of subscription television channels in the morning is somewhat of a ritual for me, and I'm sure many other people. You'd think the problem with having so many channels is deciding what to watch with a boundless options available. You'd be wrong. It's always a struggle to find something relevant that will capture one's attention for more than five minutes and entertain me til I reach the bottom of my coffee cup and leave for work.

This particular morning, I stumbled across High Fidelity (movie starring John Cusack; 1999). It wasn't particularly entertaining but it held a certain fascination. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, it's about a thirty-something year old man who gets dumped by his girlfriend and begins to analyse his failures as a man. Also has this annoying habit of making 'top 5' lists and explaining his list, speaking directly to the viewer, starting with his Top 5 Break-ups. Catherine Zeta-Jones is a highlight.

Walking away from the television, I got to thinking about my Top Five. And like Cusack's character, I felt the need to analyze my past relationships. Here's my Top Five:

1. Johnathan
2. Linken
3. Talon
4. Anthony
5. Jasper

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment