Monday 24 October 2011

Top Five: Linken

Linken: Computer Programmer

Yes, people, I dated a nerd. Not just any nerd though. With a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, discipline of a soldier and athletic prowess that would put many men to shame, I guess he did have some traits the excluded him a little than your garden variety nerd. He was sweet, kind, adored me and he's also the kind of guy most girls pass up for the assholes out there.

This man was my first real love and everything was perfect for a whole year. That was until I found myself thinking, "Is this it? It can't be this easy." We women are always led to believe that love cannot be found on every street corner or Seven/Eleven but I felt that our relationship was just a taste of what love had to offer and that there might be someone more amazing.

Being with Linken taught me of love and set the bar for my future relationships but it also taught me of heartbreak. I ended things and consequently lost my boyfriend and best friend in one day. I believe it's called 'breaking-up' because we bind ourselves to each other and our lives and souls become so intertwined that it takes massive strength and force to tear ourselves apart. There are always casualties. It's also one of the only times I've seen a man cry but he's still a man in my eyes.

After all this time, we still smile when we see each other and I don't have a bad thing to say about him. I truly wish him all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment